- 3 large butternut squash (about 9 pounds), halved vertically* and seeds removed
- 3 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 1/2 cup chopped shallot (about 3 large shallot bulb)
- 3 teaspoon salt
- 12 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 3 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp of Golden Milk Almond Butter
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 9 to 12 cups (72 to 96 ounces) vegetable broth, as needed
- 3 to 6 tablespoons Almond Butter, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the butternut squash on the pan and drizzle each half with just enough olive oil to lightly coat the squash on the inside (about ½ teaspoon each). Rub the oil over the inside of the squash and sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
- Turn the squash face down and roast until it is tender and completely cooked through. About 40 to 50 minutes.
- Blend together in a Vitamix or a food processor all of the ingredients.
- Heat up the soup in a casserole and serve with more golden milk almond butter spread.