Sarai's Spreads FAQs
My Spread has a different consistency, is this normal?
- Changes in texture and consistency, including oil separation, and drying and hardening, can occur with all-natural nut butters, including ours, especially if the product has been subjected to extreme changes in climate and temperature.
- Extreme changes in climate and temperature can happen during shipping and during storage at distribution warehouses and retail stores, which you may note in your spreads. Usually when this occurs the product can be stirred quite easily! If you find your spread to be more runny than you would like, try placing it in the fridge for an about an hour and then stirring the butter together.
Do your products ever last beyond the code date?
- We guarantee the quality of our products up to the code date, assuming they have been stored correctly.
- The best way to tell is to open it up and carefully evaluate its smell for any rancidity. If in doubt, dispose of the product.
- If the product has already been opened, refrigeration will often keep the product usable for a longer period of time.
- If the product has not been opened but has been stored in a cool, dark place, then it may still be usable.
Is oil separation natural and is my Spread still safe to eat?
- All of our butters have a shelf life of seven months sealed on the shelf from the date of manufacture. Once opened, we recommend eating within 3 months if stored at room temperature on the shelf or within 6 months if kept in the fridge.
What are some delicious, creative ways to enjoy my Sarai´s Spreads?
- A variety of Sarai´s recipes, including entrees, snacks, desserts, and almond flour recipes can be found on our website at sarais.us
- Additionally, many loyal Sarai´s fans often post recipes on their blogs and social media channels. We encourage you to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for all the latest recipe ideas.